How to create a website for business in Kenya – Do you have a business or are looking to create a business online, we have sampled you the full guide on the process involved in creating a website for a business in Kenya. There are many importance of having a website for your business in this era if you have a business and you have not yet created a website you are leaving a lot of cash at the table this is because there are so many people searching for a product and service you are offering online while they cant find you simply because you are invisible online. The main importance of having a business website in Kenya include;
- Online Presence 24/7. Having a website means customers are always able to find you – anytime, anywhere.
- Information Exchange. Users can have your contacts on a site
- Credibility of your business
- Market Expansion, tapping into online customers
- Consumer Insights and feedback
- Advertising for products on your website
How to create a website for business in Kenya
- Determine the use of the website for example selling or creating leads
- Decide your domain name of your business website it should be brandable
- Choose a hosting provider
- Build your pages and categories
- Set up your payment system and logistics
- Test and publish your website
- Market your website SEO and social media outreach
Determine the use of the website
The use of your website can be simple for just creating awareness of products using simple posts and images of products you are selling or a complex website like ecommerce for example Jumia.co.ke. A business website should generally serves as a space to provide general information about your company or a direct platform for e-commerce. Example I might have an hardware business at Westland’s area Nairobi I will create an about page, contact us page and other relevant information about my products or I can simply create a complex e commerce website for my hardware which displays items and cart including checkout with this you will need higher investment and web designers.
Decide your domain name of your business
Domain name of your business should be brandable. A business domain name is the website name found in your web address or URL (e.g., westlandshardware.com). Customers can locate your website and identify your brand through its business domain name, and it can be used to create professional email addresses for your business.
Choose a hosting provider
To run any website, A key element of all websites is that you require hosting services. This generally means they rely on a web hosting provider to give them space on a server. Whether you’re launching your first business site or have a little more experience, it’s a good idea for all website owners to be fully informed about how hosting works. There are several hosting providers. The reliable ones include
- Hostinger – Most affordable hosting plans.
- Bluehost – Best web host for beginners.
- Dreamhost – Most affordable month-to-month plan.
- Hostgator – Best for lean/minimal needs.
- GreenGeeks – Best eco-friendly hosting.
- SiteGround – Best speed and security for WordPress.
Build your pages and categories
After choosing domain and purchasing hosting you can start designing your business website using pages and categories, A category page is a page that sits above your product pages in your business site hierarchy. It is essentially a topic page for a group of products. It helps a user navigate to the section of your site they want and find the specific product types they are looking for. Example by business website can have three categories example Metals, Wooden, plastic for my hardware products. pages of a website include contact us, about us or homepage as long as the content is original and caters to what visitors are looking for, there is no limit to the number of pages you can have on your website. Search engines won’t penalize you for “too many pages” as long as they serve a purpose
Set up your payment system and logistics
This is done for ecommerce websites mostly, you can do this with an help of web developer or designer.
Test and publish your website
When you are done publishing and want to test your business website, there are a lot of things you have to check for. This checklist can be divided into six major steps as follows: Functionality testing.
- Functionality Testing. user friendliness
- Usability Testing.
- Interface Testing.
- Compatibility Testing.
- Performance Testing speed and responsiveness
- Security Testing ssl certificates
Market your website SEO and social media outreach
This is a high ROI and continuous investment which will yield returns from leads. Search engine optimization is the process of improving the quality and quantity of website traffic to a website or a web page from search engines. SEO targets unpaid traffic rather than direct traffic or paid traffic. With SEO you will earn from online customers needing your services which are displayed on your website.