The acredited TVET institutions are well equipped with qualified tutors and the institution with a conducive infrastructure which include laboratories computer labs and lecture halls among others.
These institutions were availed so as to equip learners with skills and knowledge which will help them secure professional jobs or self-employed them after successfully completing their courses.
Due to the high population of the youthful age group in Kenya there was need to develop these institutions to offer crafts certificate and diploma courses for the youth to enrol to.
How to apply TVET institutions
TVET institution have been made very easy to apply. The government of Kenya through the ministry of education has made a portal of the Kenya University and colleges central placement service kuccps.
The student portal kuccps allows students interested to find suitable courses and access list of the approved tvet institutions countrywide. At this portal interested applicants are able to see the courses they are able to qualify.
In summary diploma courses is at C minus and above while D+ for certificate courses. To access the portal use the link provided below;
interested applicants can now learn at this institution at stress-free this is because of availability of funding through higher education loans board, use the portal helb.co.ke.
All the application requirements are available in the site, for enquiries visit the helb Kenya social media pages.
Tel : (254) 733 955377
(+254) 020-8095365/ 020-8095368/ 020-8095371
Technical university of Mombasa is located at Tom Mboya Street Tudor, Mombasa
List of courses offered at The technical university of Mombasa
- Bachelor of Science in Mathematics & Computer Science
- Bachelor of Arts in Development Studies
- Bachelor of Business Administration
- Bachelor of Commerce
- Bachelor of Engineering (Building & Civil Engineering)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Electrical & Electronic)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Mechanical Engineering
- Bachelor of Journalism & Mass Communication
- Bachelor of Science (Building & Civil Engineering
- Bachelor of Science (Electrical & Electronic)
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Community Health
- Bachelor of Science in Food Science & Quality Assurance
- Bachelor of Science in Industrial Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Information Technology
- Bachelor of Science in Marine Resource Management
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering
- Bachelor of Arts in International Relations
- Bachelor of Technology (Industrial Chemistry)
- Bachelor of Technology in Applied Chemistry
- Bachelor of Technology in Applied Physics (Electronics & Instrumentation)
- Bachelor of Technology in Medical Laboratory Science
- Bachelor of Technology in Renewable Energy & Environmental Physics
- Bachelor of Technology Industrial Microbiology & Biotechnology
- Bachelor of Technology in Inform. & Communication Technology
- Master of Science in Business Administration
For information regarding application visit the institution or use the contact details provided to get in touch with the institution.