The Higher Education Loans Board invites applicants for the helb Loan application and Bursary for
2020-2021 Financial Year from Kenyan students admitted in National Polytechnics, Technical Training Institutions
and Vocational Colleges under the Ministry of Education, and are registered with Kenya Universities and Colleges
Central Placement Service [KUCCPS] and members of the Kenya Association Technical Training Institutions [KATTI].
Students enrolled for approved TVET courses and are applying for the second or subsequent student loan.
Simple steps on how to apply;
1. Download the HELB App from Google Play Store or dial *642#.
2. Register using your phone number to generate a PIN which you will use to log in.
3. Ensure the mobile number is registered under your name.
4. Please NOTE that mobile numbers not registered in the students’ name will not allow the loan application
5. Read, understand and click to accept the license agreement.
6. Enter your first name as it appears on your National ID, ID number and valid email address to complete
7. Click on “loans” tab and choose either certificate loans or diploma loans. Then click “apply” on the TVET
second and subsequent loan.
8. Read and understand the financial literacy guide.
9. Answer the financial literacy questions and scroll down to view results and click “proceed”.
10. Click “confirm” to verify your telephone number by paying Kshs. 1 to M-PESA.
11. Read the loan agreement and click on ‘I agree’.
12. Click ‘submit’. A pop-up message will appear to show that you have successfully applied. The loan serial
number will also be displayed.
Please note that this application is paperless. You are not required to print any form. A confirmation SMS with a loan
application serial number is the evidence that you have applied. Kindly save the SMS for future reference.
The closing date for the loan application is January 31, 2021
Contact HELB for more info