Helb invites application from students first time 2020/2021. Students pursuing Certificate and Diploma courses in select public universities, select university colleges, public national polytechnics and Institutes of Technology and Technical Training institutes country-wide are eligible for this loan and bursary. Orphans, single-parent students and other deserving students will be given priority.
- Students placed in an institution of higher learning by Kuccps
- Self sponsored, parallel and module 2 students
- Must be 18 years and a holder of national ID
- Meet all requirements stipulated in the product one is applying for
- Admission letter from the institution.
- National Identification Card.
- Applicants should access and fill the relevant TVET Loan and Bursary Application Form (TLAF).
- Print TWO copies of the duly filled Loan Application Form.
- Have the TVET Loan Application Form signed and stamped by the Dean of Students/Financial Aid Officers.
- Retain one copy of the duly filled TLAF (Mandatory).
- Drop the TLAF personally at the HELB students Service Centre on the Mezannine One, Anniversary Towers or any of the SELECT Huduma centers nearest to you.
To confirm that you have already applied for the HELB loan a confirmation sms is sent to your number provided during application. It is important to save the message for future reference
Summary of HELB loan disbursement
- Total school fees =56400/=
- Grant from government= 30000 yearly
After your helb loan is approved you will receive 26,400 kshs directly to your school fees account at any TVET institution. Helb will send each student 13,600 kshs directly to the bank account for upkeep
The closing date for HELB application is January 31st 2021
Technical, Vocational & Education Training (TVET) loans and bursaries are awarded to students pursuing technical courses in the public TVET Institutions recognized by the Ministry of Education (MoE), a member of The Kenya Association of Technical Training Institutions (KATTI) and placed by Kenya Universities and Colleges Central Placement Service (KUCCPS).
How to apply for kuccps capitation online
One thought on “Helb loan for TVET institution requirements and how to apply”
Am a first year in college and I wish to apply what can I do to access my t please help me