Business law notes outline and the notes in pdf highlighted here. Business law unit is examinable by Kenya national examination council KNEC and is mainly taught in various courses highlighted below;
- Craft certificate in supply chain management
- Craft certificate in business management
- Craft certificate in road transport management
- Craft certificate in project management
- Craft certificate in clerical duties
- Craft certificate in investment management
- Craft certificate in human resource management
BUSINESS LAW UNIT: This unit introduces the student to the legal and ethical framework of business. Contracts, negotiable instruments, the law of sales, torts, crimes, constitutional law, the Uniform Commercial Code, and the court systems are examined. Upon completion the student should be able to identify legal and ethical issues that arise in business decisions and the laws that apply to them.
BUSINESS LAW TOPICS COVERED
- Introduction to business law
- Structure and jurisdiction of courts in Kenya
- Elements of public law
- Law contract
- Law of tort
- Law of succession
- Law of property
- Employment law
- Emerging trends issues and trends in business law
Introduction to business law
This introduction to business law topic trainees will be able to learn; Business law which introduces trainees to all of the laws that dictate how to form and run a business. This includes all of the laws that govern how to start, buy, manage and close or sell any type of business. Business laws establish the rules that all businesses should follow. Legislation is the making of law.
Structure and jurisdiction of courts in Kenya
This structure and jurisdiction of courts business law topic trainees will be able to learn; jurisdiction and structure of courts in Kenya which include Courts. The Judiciary of Kenya consists of five Superior courts made up of the Supreme Court, Court of Appeals, High Court, Industrial Court, Environment and Land Court. The subordinate courts consist of the Magistrate Court, Courts Martial and Kadhi Court.
Elements of public law
This elements of public law topic trainees will be able to learn; elements of public law which consists of Public law comprises; constitutional law, administrative law, tax law and criminal law, as well as all procedural law
This law contract topic trainees will be able to learn; law contract which is An agreement between private parties creating mutual obligations enforceable by law. The basic elements required for the agreement to be a legally enforceable contract are: mutual assent, expressed by a valid offer and acceptance; adequate consideration; capacity; and legality.
This agency business law topic trainees will be able to learn; agency which is defined as a legal relationship that exists between a person called the agent is considered law to represent another known as the principal in such a way as to affect the principal’s legal position in relation to 3rd parties
Law of tort
This law of tort topic trainees will be able to learn; tort A tort can be broadly defined as a civil wrong, other than breach of contract. In other words, a tort is any legally recognizable injury arising from the conduct (or non conduct, because in some cases failing to act may be a tort) of persons or corporations. Examples of intentional torts studied include battery, conversion, false imprisonment and defamation.
Law of succession
This law of succession business law topic trainees will be able to learn; Law of Succession Act which deals with the inheritance of the deceased person, Inheritance is the practice of passing on property, debts, rights & obligations on the death of an individual. Succession provides the mechanism by which property devolves from the dead owner to those left behind.
Law of property
This law of property topic trainees will be able to learn; Property law which is concerned with the bundle of rights a person may have on land. It confers proprietary rights and imposes obligations on owners/holders of land. Land includes physical strata, water all things growing on it, buildings or other things permanently annexed on the land.
FREE KNEC PAST PAPERS PDF FORMAT:
- Diploma in ICT module 2 KNEC past papers Free download
- Diploma in ICT module 3 KNEC past papers Free download
- Certificate in ICT module 1 KNEC past papers Free download
- Certificate in ICT module 2 KNEC past papers Free download
- Diploma in Electrical and electronic engineering module 1 KNEC past papers Free download
- Diploma in electrical and electronic engineering module 2 KNEC past papers Free download
- Diploma in Human resource management module 1 KNEC past papers Free download
- Diploma in human resource management module 2 KNEC past papers Free download
- Craft in supply chain management module 1 KNEC past papers Free download
This employment law topic trainees will be able to learn; Employment law which is the area of law that governs the employer-employee relationship. Therefore, if the business has more than one employee, then the business likely uses employment law. For employees, these laws work to: Prevent discrimination
Emerging issues and trends in business law
This emerging issues and trends topic trainees will be able to learn; the emerging issues in business and law which includes
- Network Marketing.
- Business Process Outsourcing.
- Knowledge Process Outsourcing.
- Digital Economy.
BUSINESS LAW NOTES PDF For short simplified and comprehensive notes examined by KNEC contact your business department or business law lecturer
- Introduction to ICT and ethics notes PDF
- Communication skills notes PDF
- Entrepreneurship notes PDF
- Economics notes PDF
- Financial accounting notes PDF
- Research methodology notes PDF guide
- Trade project notes & PDF sample
- Principles and practice of marketing notes PDF
- Microprocessor systems notes PDF
- Management information system MIS notes PDF
- Data communication and networking notes PDF
- Internet based programming IBP notes PDF
- Quantitative methods notes PDF
- Visual basic notes PDF
- Object oriented programming notes PDF
- Database management system notes PDF
- System analysis and design notes PDF
- Quantitative techniques notes PDF
- Principles and practice of management PPM notes PDF